Monday, August 31, 2009

They made it...

They showed up and shared...we had a big family grief counseling session tonight with my two daughters, my ex-husband, my fiance, my future step-son and myself. The therapist did a wonderful job of listening and reframing what was said back to us. I tried to sit back and let Bill and the girls do some talking. Interesting views to be explored, thoughts to ponder, insight to be gained. I am hopeful that, in time, we will begin to feel whole again, maybe better than before, as we share our love for Andrew and let go of our pain. That's all I can say for now.

On another note, Lee helped me sift through the mountain of mail I have been avoiding for 4 months. I simply did not want to deal with the bills and the mail...unless I absolutely had to. It's time to access where we are at and take care of our financial responsibilities...things I have been avoiding. I have a lot of shredding to do and a lot of checks to write. I've been in such a muddle with my own affairs, so it feels great to get some of this sorted out. At least I now have a starting point...

No comments:

Post a Comment