Monday, September 28, 2009

Taking Andrew, my girls, along with me...

I'm feeling rather hopeless right at this moment. I miss my girls and I need to see them. We went to lunch one day last week and that was nice, but it isn't enough. We have a counseling appointment tonight, but I don't think they are going. Bill isn't feeling like it and that gives them an out. I don't really know how to really help them except just to reach out to them and invite them to go along with me.

Nothing is going to bring Andrew back and that is the cold hard fact. I hate that. I don't want him to be gone. I want to feel him and keep his memory going strong. People are laughing at me being so wrapped up in the Farmville game on Facebook, but I am farming and Andrew would have like that. God knows I can grow anything real these days...I forget about stuff. My real tomatoes are all shriveled and dry.

Jayne has been taking care of Andrew's real garden. She weeds it and cuts things back. It's still growing and producing vegetables. Grandpa Curtis would have liked that too. He always had a vegetable garden. He didn't believe in just watering plants for ornamental reasons...they had to produce something useful.

I noticed that the little flower basket with the purple African violet is blooming pretty well next to my kitchen sink...that is something. My friend Sue sent it to me when she heard about Andrew. The little purple flower is blooming and looking all perky today. Amazing!

I think I will go for a short hike today and see some real trees and grass and birds. I will think of Andrew as I hike; think of how much he would enjoy the view. I'm just going to take him along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment